The 8th CUTSE International Conference will be held in Curtin University, Sarawak Campus; Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia. The theme for this year’s conference will be “Science, Sustainability, and Solutions.”
The CUTSE International Conference provides a platform to disseminate knowledge and information on recent innovations and practices in engineering and sciences to all. In particular, the focus will be on finding eco-friendly and sustainable solutions to problems across all areas. The conference aims to create a space for constructive dialogues on concepts, ideas and technology. This annual conference dates back to 2006 when the first Curtin University of Technology Science and Engineering Conference was held in Miri.
The CUTSE International Conference is an excellent avenue for researchers, engineers, scientists, academicians, professionals from industry and students to share their research findings and initiate further collaborations in their respective fields. Parallel sessions in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Civil and Chemical engineering as well as the sciences will be hosted over a period of two days. Each year, the conference attracts participation from a number of countries in addition to Malaysia and Australia. In addition, student participants will get the opportunity to present their research projects and gain valuable feedback from industry professionals.
This year the Conference will be organised by the Department of Science and Foundation of Curtin Sarawak’s School of Engineering and Science in collaboration with The Institute of Engineers Malaysia, Miri Branch.
Call for Paper
Papers on (but not necessarily limited to) the following topics of interest are invited:
- Environment, Energy and Resources: Renewable energy, fuel cells, wastewater treatment, produced water treatment, bioremediation, biotechnology, process integration, cleaner production technology, soft-soil sciences, petroleum geology, oil and gas applications.
- Structures, Materials and Manufacturing: Construction technology and management, construction and structural materials, structural design and analysis, geo-polymers, ceramics, nano materials, bio materials, polymers, composites, smart materials.
- Systems and Control: Adaptive, nonlinear and robust control; model predictive control, fuzzy logic control, control theory, control structure design, control applications, systems biology.
- Mechatronics and ICT: Mechatronics, MEMS design, robotic systems, wireless network, sensors and instrumentation, signal processing, various ICT applications.
- Engineering Science Fundamentals: Transport phenomena, heat mass transfer, multivariate statistics modelling, multiphase flows, numerical modelling, mathematical modelling, optimisation in engineering and science, computational fluid dynamics, GIS.
Abstract submission deadline: 2 Aug 2013
Notification of acceptance deadline: 16 Aug 2013
Full paper submission deadline: 6 Sept 2013
Final manuscript submission deadline: 4 Oct 2013
Conference date: 3-4 Dec 2013
The refereed conference proceedings will be published prior to the conference and distributed to all registered participants at the conference. Selected papers will also be considered for publication in special issues of refereed journals. Their selection will be carried out during the review process as well as at the conference presentation stage and the final decision will be made based on peer review reports by the guest editors and the Editor-in-Chief.
Official Website: http://www.curtin.edu.my/cutse2013/index.htm