Scientific Malaysian will be co-organising a conference with the Oxford University Malaysia Club (OUMC). This conference, entitled “[email protected] – Conference for National Scientific Engagement” will consist of a series of panel discussions and an exhibition. This conference will be held at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom on the 22nd of November 2014 (Saturday).
The main aims of this conference are:
• To highlight the efforts by the Malaysian government in advancing science and technology in the nation
• To highlight career opportunities in the field of science and technology in Malaysia (in academia, industry or governmental agencies)
• To provide a platform for Malaysian scientific communities abroad to provide their input towards nation building and other ways for them to contribute to the nation from abroad
• To promote research collaborations and knowledge-sharing among the scientific communities in Malaysia and abroad
Professor Tan Sri Zakri Abdul Hamid (Science Advisor to the Malaysian Prime Minister) and Professor Robin Grimes (UK FCO Chief Scientific Advisor) will deliver their keynote addresses at this event.
Other confirmed speakers/panelists are:
- Professor Mohd Nordin Hassan, Director of International Council for Science
- Tan Sri Dr. Ahmad Tajuddin Ali, President of the Academy of Sciences Malaysia
- Professor Peter Mitchell, Dean of the Faculty of Science, University of Nottingham Malaysia
- Dr. Chan Kok Gan, Research Coordinator of Universiti Malaya High Impact Research
- Dato’ Norhalim Yunus, CEO of Malaysian Technology Development Corporation
- Dr. Stuart Kewley, Chairman of The Eurasia Consortium
- Dr. Rezal Ahmad, CEO of NanoMalaysia Bhd
Visit the conference website for more information. If you would like to attend this conference, please RSVP by filling up the registration form. We are also planning to stream this event live (via Scientific Malaysian YouTube channel) for those who are unable to attend this conference in person. Do subscribe to our Youtube Channel and register your interest in the live streaming event by filling up the live streaming registration form.